Here is an opportunity for you to see Alaska while partnering with Arctic Barnabas Ministries as we serve the needs of some pastors and missionaries spread all across Alaska. We encourage churches to recruit teams. Some projects require hard physical labor, some do not. Teens can join some teams but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Fees to participate are estimated to be $1200.00 for all remote projects and $600.00 for projects in Homer, Soldotna, and Kenai area. Participants must provide transportation to Anchorage or Kenai, depending on trip logistics. Travel to remote villages will be coordinated by ABM. Meals and housing are provided during the projects. Project dates are somewhat flexible depending on team needs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
· Current to March of 2020. Teams of 3-6 workers are need to help a ministry family construct an addition to their small home in a remote village of Alaska. Many skills are needed to complete this project.
· Ongoing project to complete staff and volunteer housing at a remote interior village Christian radio station. Vinyl siding needs to be installed before winter sets in. This village is accessible by road. Contact ABM for more details.
· Construction of a new dining hall at a bible camp, including siding application, insulation, electrical wiring, and drywall installation. This is an ongoing project started summer 2019; work will continue until complete. Team size is 6-12 workers.
· Construction and ongoing maintenance at a bible camp—various skills needed. Project scheduled for summer 2020. Team size is 6-12 workers and a cook may be needed.
· Children’s VBS program in a large interior village during the summer of 2020. Team size is 6-10 people.
· Assistance at a remote bible camp with maintenance, meal preparation, and VBS program during summer of 2020. Team size is 6 to 12 people.
· A remote village parsonage needs arctic entry repairs from water damage, entry porch repair, painting, and painting of an adjacent shop structure. Teams of 4-6 welcome through summer 2020
· A pastor in a far western coastal village needs assistance turning a connex (shipping container) into a shop to repair bikes and small appliances and teach youth skills to make the repairs. Their village youth center needs upkeep and the pastor’s home needs structural leveling and some flooring installed. Teams of 6-10 are welcome in June or August.
· A western coastal village needs a team of 4-8 workers during the summer of 2020 to complete maintenance at the church including some electrical and plumbing upgrades. The pastor also needs help building raised beds for gardening and completing landscape projects at his home.